The Chick Hatchery has quickly become a fair favorite. Watch live as chicks hatch right before your eyes!
Did You Know...
- That chicks typically hatch at day 21?
- That it can take 1-24 hours for a chick to completely hatch?
- That chicks cannot regulate their body temperature after hatching?
- That they must be left in the incubator to stay warm, rest and dry off?
- That they must be kept in a warm house called a brooder for several weeks until their adult feathers come in.
- That a hen is capable of laying an egg every 24-26 hours?
Learn more fun facts when you visit the fair!