- Contestants may enter the quilt block contest by paying a fee of $5 for a packet of materials that will be used in constructions of one quilt block. Every packet contains the same 8 coordinating fabrics totaling ½ yard.
- Contestant may use an established quilt block pattern or create an original block design. Blocks may be either pieced and/or appliqued. Submitted block must be an 8 ½” square for an 8” finished size. Not all of the 8 fabrics have to be used but ADDITONAL FABRICS MAY NOT BE USED AND BLOCK SHOULD NOT BE QUILTED.
- Contestants can enter only one block.
- This contest is limited to 50 participants.
- Blocks entered will become the property of the Williamson County Fair and be displayed during the fair where fair visitors will vote for their favorite block. Ribbons and premiums will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
- Blocks selected by the Creative Arts Committee will be assembled into a finished quilt that will be displayed and raffled at the 2021 fair.
- Complete quilt blocks should be submitted with an entry form during Quilt entry times, or they may be left at the Quilting Squares Quilt Shop no later than July 31st.
Quilt Block Challenge kits are available from:
Connie Little - 615-218-4942
Valerie Curtis - 615-957-0936
The Quilting Squares Quilt Shop, 1276 Lewisburg Pike, Franklin, TN (The Shoppes at Henpeck)