DIVISION 340 – KING ARTHUR FLOUR BAKING CONTEST
MONDAY, AUG. 5th
Entries received from 5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. at the Picnic Pavilion.
Judging and Awards will be at 7:30 p.m.
- All general rules for Divisions 301-305 apply. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
- This contest is open to adults (age 19 and over) only.
- Exhibitor must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she submits the entry.
- Contestant must choose and follow a recipe for Quick Bread available from the King Arthur recipe site. Go to www.kingarthurflour.com and choose and print your recipe. Recipe must be presented with entry and must be for a quick bread (either fruit or veggie). Must not contain any yeast. Failure to use a recipe from the King Arthur site will result in disqualification.
- On entry day, all contestants and exhibits will be photographed for display during the fair.
- Judging will be based on:
- Taste - 50%
- Overall Appearance - 25%
- Texture - 25%
- Prizes provided by King Arthur Flour:
- 1st Place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com
- 2nd Place: $50 gift certificate to Baker’s Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com
- 3rd Place: $25 gift certificate to Baker's Catalogue/kingarthurflour.com
- All winners will receive a rosette.
- All entries in this contest will not receive fair premiums and are not eligible for Best of Show award.