Note: These rules apply to all departments. All exhibitors must read and agree to abide by these general rules.
1. Most competitive exhibits of the fair except Livestock shall be open to all residents of Williamson County or persons who are active members of a Williamson County club related to the fair department (e.g. 4-H, FCE, Garden Club). Most Livestock departments are open to all Tennessee residents. Each section has its own residency requirement listed in Rule #1 of the section. Please refer to each section for the exact rule which will be followed for the 2017 Fair. The ADGA Goat Show is open to members of their respective organizations.
2. The Williamson County Fair Association will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or accident that may occur to any person, animal, or article, but will take every reasonable precaution to safeguard same.
3. All entries must be made in the name of the bona fide owner. Entries made otherwise will not be allowed to compete.
4. In the Agriculture, Creative Arts, and Culinary Arts departments there can only be one entry per person per class. Entries in these departments must have been made within the last two years prior to the fair opening date (after 8/5/15).
5. The fair reserves the right to refuse any item considered unsuitable to exhibit.
6. The decision of the judges is final.
7. Any exhibitor who publicly expresses disapproval of the judge’s decision, or who is guilty of conduct unbecoming an exhibitor will be excluded from all exhibitions; his/her premiums will be forfeited; and he/she may be excused from the property.
8. No premiums will be paid on exhibits in classes not listed in this catalog.
9. In case of only one entry competing for the premium, judges will determine prize and ribbon to be awarded.
10. Premiums will not be paid on any item removed from the fair before the designated release date/time.
11. Fair premium checks will be mailed to all winners the week after the fair.
12. Fair premium checks must be cashed within sixty days after which they are void.
13. In case of inclement weather, lack of funds, or other unavoidable circumstance, the management reserves the right to adjust premiums listed in this catalog, on a pro rata basis.
14. Livestock exhibitors and herdsman arriving for the show with their livestock will be admitted at no charge at the Livestock entrance.
15. Any exhibit not picked up by the fair pick-up date/time listed in this catalog will become the property of the fair.
16. The right is reserved to inspect at any time exhibits, shows, concession booths, stalls, or animals on the fairgrounds.
17. No alcohol, firearms, illegal drugs, or fireworks will be allowed on the fairgrounds.
18. No pets except service animals will be allowed anywhere on the fairgrounds.
19. All final decisions regarding all Williamson County Fair exhibits, events, or activities will be made by the Williamson County Fair Executive Committee.
20. Additional guidelines pertaining to specific departments will be listed under the department sections.
21. Exhibitors grant permission to the WCFA, Inc. to use his/her name, likeness, voice and words in television, radio, films, newspapers, magazines and other media, and in any form not heretofore described for the lawful purposes and activities of the Williamson County Fair, including but not limited to advertising and appealing for funds to support the fair. No compensation will be issued for the use of his/her name or likeness.
22. All livestock exhibitors must adhere to the Tennessee Department of Agriculture Regulations and the IAFE National Code of Show Ring Ethics.